uclibc vs glibc

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 2 09:41:30 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:21:47PM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Sorry to switch the topic slightly, but I keep hearing 'live-cd' &
> 'bootcd' on this list.

I mentioned it once...

> I'm trying to get some support for the notion of having a more
> official development arena for various LFS live-cds (x86, ppc, x86_64,
> etc.) If you want a specific cd made for your project, then that's
> even more support for the idea of turning the live- cds into a
> project.  Any thoughts?

If we were to make a CD it would be radically different from an LFS CD.
IOW, it would not be feasible to make it part of the same project. At
least not at this time when we are considering a libc change.

--
Archaic

Love your country, but never trust its government.

- Robert A. Heinlein.