uclibc vs glibc

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 2 09:21:47 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 23:06 -0700, Archaic wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:22:16AM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> >
> > I like the design of cross compiling by default, whether the host has Uclibc
> > native or not.. we won't be able to assume either way. So the preliminary
> > toolchain will have to be a cross toolchain.
>
> I like the idea as well, but to get something out the door a bootCD
> could be employed.

Sorry to switch the topic slightly, but I keep hearing 'live-cd' &
'bootcd' on this list. ;) I'm trying to get some support for the notion
of having a more official development arena for various LFS live-cds
(x86, ppc, x86_64, etc.) If you want a specific cd made for your
project, then that's even more support for the idea of turning the live-
cds into a project.  Any thoughts?

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net