uclibc vs glibc

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 1 22:06:38 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:22:16AM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:

> I like the design of cross compiling by default, whether the host has Uclibc
> native or not.. we won't be able to assume either way. So the preliminary
> toolchain will have to be a cross toolchain.

I like the idea as well, but to get something out the door a bootCD
could be employed. Also, since uclibc can be built by a standard system,
what is to stop us from building it first and using it to link the rest
of the toolchain, then proceeding on as usual. Either way, the pure-lfs
method is starting to show its weaknesses and others are working on that
problem currently.

Ryan, if you are reading this, how goes your work with cross-compiling?

--
Archaic

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...The greatest dangers to
liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but
without understanding."

- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis