Package systems and stuff

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Wed May 12 13:10:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 05:43, Kendrick wrote:

> btw the automated  script is still a good thing.  how else is a sys adm
> to be able to quickly roll out a great deal of new machines in a
> reasonable amount of time else wise ;)

Making binary packages, NFS mounts of /usr (or remote mounts of an
existing filesystem), BOOTP and TFTP, the mechanisms are endless.
Making a number of systems in a hurry is only a small part of the work.
Maintaining them without the chance of accidentally leaving some behind
is a huge task by comparison.
   AIM: evilDagmar  Jabber: evilDagmar at jabber.org (<-not an email address!)