book

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 6 03:30:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 10:20:43PM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> How about this?

<..>

I'll merge this in to what I already put in the xml.

--
Archaic

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. We
hold this prudent jealousy to be the first duty of citizens and one of
the noblest characteristics of the late Revolution. The freemen of
America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by
exercise and entangled the question in precedents. They saw all the
consequences in the principle, and they avoided the consequences by
denying the principle. We revere this lesson too much ... to forget it

- James Madison.