Suitability

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Mar 31 07:16:36 PST 2004

2004-03-31T11:51:37 Robert Connolly:
> > ok the java thing is there another implimentation of java that doesnt
> > hork up procpolice and/or pax?
>
> I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Blackdown or Sun Java should have the same
> core issues.

Java implementations that want to compile on the fly will have
troubles; creating data and then executing it as machine code is
what these security things are trying to hork up.

GJC should be fine, I'd expect; so would a pure interpreter, or a
compile -> bytecode -> pure bytecode interpreter. The only thing
that I'd expect these to screw up is on-the-fly compilation.

Or am I missing something?

-Bennett