tools and purelfs

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Wed Mar 31 06:48:35 PST 2004

Because the chap5 libc isn't being built with propolice (or pic) the testsuite
will be bias. This isn't really avoidable without doing another successive
build, ie: chap6 or purelfs.

If the current LFS base is a prerequisite for HLFS's host system, then I think
GCC pass 1 can be skipped. Binutils can also be linked to shared libs instead
of static. Keeping the build PIC would complement the scheme more. Currently
lfs and hlfs are using a slightly different version of GCC, but I don't think
this normally be the case. Considering the chap5 libc won't have propolice or
pic the minor gcc version difference isn't a big deal, the finished results
in chap6 should be the same.

Am I overlooking something?