Suitability

Kendrick kendrick at linux2themax.com
Wed Mar 31 01:47:13 PST 2004

Archaic wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 02:55:16PM +0100, Adrian Fisher wrote:
>

>>Wouldn't it be more beneficial to ensure changes didn't lock out
>>mainstream technologies such as Java as I know many companies use it.
>>

>I don't see java as mainstream on a server. Java apps are, but they
>are delivered to the delivered to the client for processing. The
>server doesn't need it. As far as clients go, we'll have to look into
>that at as a separate consideration. For the most part, we will limit
>our field of vision to that which produces a stable, secure base.
>Changes to the base to satisfy the needs of an ancillary package will
>be reviewed as time permits. If that ancillary package is going to be
>in the book, then it would be most likely that when we work on that
>package we will adjust the base to work with it.

at the least we should put a notice in the appropriate chapter that java
has ben roomered to have problems and may not work with pax so we dont
have to try to support broken chap6 builds when some one adds --with-java

then leave it to the appropriate hint with posibly a link to the hint
from that section