Integrated crypto

Kendrick kendrick at linux2themax.com
Mon Mar 29 21:04:44 PST 2004

Robert Connolly wrote:

>On March 28, 2004 06:36 pm, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
>

>The static is used to seed /dev/random. The kernel will still add its internal
>entropy. An attack on this using radio signals can influence the random
>number generator, but not control it. The code for audio-entropyd will
>compare strings gathered from the sound device, and discard duplicate data
>(like sound card initialization data). Even under this attack I don't see how
>the random pool could be predictable.

if that were the case then the rng on the new via systems wouldent work
right either unless some one was using some decent powered equipment and
brodcasting over all stations i wouldent see it affecting the system to
much.  also theres alot of static being produced by the local system  if
any thing i thik that would be worse on the random ness then a outside
rf would.