Suitability

Adrian Fisher mobiletiw at fishersinter.net
Sun Mar 28 05:13:17 PST 2004

Hello there.

I am new to this list (and Linux in general) and would like to ask some
questions.

How much knowledge of Linux and Linux will I need to create a HLFS system?
What type of environment would such a system be uuseable for?  Is it
just as a desktop machine or as a server as well?
When completed, how will the security of HLFScompare with the likes of
Open BSD which pridesitself on it's security?
When is the system likely to be ready for general use?
Will it include things like Java, MySQL and PHP?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Adrian.