Firewall Script Required for bootscripts

Kendrick kendrick at linux2themax.com
Fri Mar 26 00:41:27 PST 2004

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

>Okay, I'll say it outright then.  You should have read the man pages for
>the package.  Information about how to override the changes to the
>resolver control files and such as well as an explanation of the hooks
>script have been in the man pages for ISC's dhcp package for at least
>five years now--I can say this with certainty because the man pages are
>how *I* found out about these features.  Skimming through man pages will
>usually get you nowhere.  The next time you need to look up a manpage,
>take off your shoes, get comfortable, and actually read the entire
>thing.  Generally this only needs to be done once, or until major
>version numbers increment.

i looked through the man pages supplied with the package and the
explination for what it was was a joke and no other info was supplied
but what was in dhclient-scrip.8  as for going to the web I didnt
realise the mans supplied with the package were NOT complete as far as i
knew they were suposed to be all the man pages .   yes I should have
looked in to them more but 2 simple changes to the script and i was good
to go rather then spend hours looking in to what the man's left out