Firewall Script Required for bootscripts

Kendrick kendrick at linux2themax.com
Thu Mar 25 02:04:37 PST 2004

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

>/etc/dhclient-exit-hooks is user (and nnot provided by the package) so
>you can implement those kinds of things and not have future upgrades of
>dhclient wipe out your changes.  I hope that's where you meant to say
>you've put those.

two fold no  first part  i never knew about the hooks and never saw it
mentioned in the docs the version i am using is about 2 to 4 years old
as well, pre to lfs4.O.   i beleve i brought the changes i had made from
a prior build to it never looking at what the man said if so because it
never had a man for the exits if i did see it i never went further ;)
for me a quick hack back then was alot easire then rtfm til 7am and
still be confused

second is that I was trying to change what information the dhclient was
updating ie hostname and a fiew other required items I was removing so
it didnt get set by dhcp