Firewall Script Required for bootscripts

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Wed Mar 24 19:53:55 PST 2004

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

> (This is why I am baffled that some people
> still use dhcpcd and dhcpd.  Ted Lemon has made ISC's dhcp package into
> an incredibly robust reference implementation of the protocol.)

While probably OT, I can answer that from a personal standpoint.
dhclient wouldn't work with my dsl router....I think it was a broken
router,  but I never knew for certain, at the time could have well been
user error.  At anyrate, dhclient works fine with it now, but that's a
year and some later, a version upgrade of dhcp and probably 3 or 4
firmware revisons on the router.  At this point, I don't need any of the
added benefit of dhclient and am quite comfortable with dhcpcd.  Having
said that, I'm working on my webserver and now using dyndns.org.  As
Murphy's Law assures me, I will need dhclient about an hour from now. :-)

-- DJ