/etc on different partition foolish?

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Fri Mar 19 12:03:21 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 06:25:55PM +0100, Japie wrote:

> The goal was to free my root partition from every dir. that needs RW
> access so I can mount my root RO.

Read my readonly_rootfs.txt hint. /etc can be RO. There may be the
occasional hassle, and some fixes are planned for later when I have time
to test, but overall it works (especially if users aren't changing
passwords).

--
Archaic

Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists
precisely in this; that he does good not because he is forced to do so,
but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it.

- Mikhail Bakunin