gcc specs

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 14 12:29:03 PST 2004

On March 13, 2004 08:15 pm, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  I'll send you a bzip2ed -dumpspecs from a 3.3.1 ppc off-list - it's
> somewhat larger than what gcc -v shows!
Thanks

I have a problem cause I dont know C very well. I'm close to having a patch
that will add -fstack-protector-all to any machine type, OS, and gcc version.
I have a problem because I can't copy a macro and undef the original.

static char CC1_PREPEND_SPEC[] = CC1_SPEC;
#undef CC1_SPEC
#define CC1_SPEC CC1_PREPEND_SPEC STD_SSP_EXCLUDE(CC1_SSP)

This doesn't work but some of you might see what I'm trying to do. Any
suggestions?

This patch is related but only works on x86.
https://twocents.mooo.com/new/gcc-3.3.3-sspspecs-x86.patch

And this is the broken way in the example above.
https://twocents.mooo.com/new/sspspecs.h-nogood