encrypted root filesystem

Kendrick kendrick at linux2themax.com
Tue Mar 9 02:32:12 PST 2004

Bennett Todd wrote:

>2004-02-28T10:36:23 Dagmar d'Surreal:
>

>>Step #2.  Look into how to boot from the memory key plugged into your
>>USB port.
>>

>The RUNT Linux distro <URL:http://www.ncsu.edu/resnet/runt/>
>might be a helpful starting point for this. It supports both booting
>directly from a USB flash gizmo, on machines where the BIOS makes it
>possible, and booting from a floppy then mounting root from the USB
>gizmo for everything else (nearly everything, today, I think).
>
>-Bennett

how fesible is it to hold login certificate on a usb type devise?  or
somthing of the like...

I also heard that kodak is coming out with a write once flash memory for
cameras...  that might be helpful to, extreemly inexpensive kinda like
negitives for digital cameras.  im wondering if they could be adapted to
use for crypto verification during login.  would appriciate any ones
thoughts about that...