Hlfs iso?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 7 14:29:41 PST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:20:40 -0500
Archaic <archaic at indy.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 05:09:03PM -0500, Bryan Murphy wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone had a hlfs bootable iso they would be
> > willing to share?
>
> We haven't even released a book yet.

I also wonder what such an ISO would have on it?  Aside from a hardened
toolchain, I see the process of hardening a system one of securing each
package.  Therefore, a HLFS ISO would either need to be as basic as
possible (i.e. only provide a hardened LFS system) which would be
largely useless (in a prod. env.), or provide hardened versions of every
package in BLFS, which by it's very nature would lead to a less secure
system as you would more than likely be providing more services and
binaries than you actually need.

Just my tuppence.

Matt.