(no subject)

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 10:41:41 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:40:33PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> I just read on a book that the password is also sent plaintext over the
> network on the FTP protocol.

It is. But like I said, sftp is only when you need encrypted
communication. You can have a secure system that offers anonymous ftp.
If you want passwords, either wrap ftp in SSL or go with sftp.

--
Archaic

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression: for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent
that will reach unto himself.

- Thomas Paine