(no subject)

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Fri Mar 5 09:56:29 PST 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 17:05, Michael Labuschke wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> i just subscribed to this ML ;) and i hope i can help out a bit.
> I'm not sure whether i should submit patches to this list or patches ml ?
> I'm not really sure if anybody needs my patches ;)
>
> Her eis what i patched:
>
> Proftpd  it does not say its version number in the welcome msg anymore.
> OpenSSH changed version to "SSH_3.2.3"
> And i patched apache (to not use head -1 and tail -1) and to compile mysql
> and ssl support into the binary ( i don't like loadable stuff;)
>
> michael

Somebody from another mailinglist has the perfect answer for your mail so here
it is:

Please do *not* start a new question by replying to an old one as this
causes
several problems:
1) most email software will correctly think that your email is a response to
the email you are "replying" to, and will indicate this by displaying your
email as a child of the original email
2) because of this, people not interested in the original email may ignore
your question
3) people may think that the original email has a reply(yours) so that
they do
not have to give it a reply
So in conclusion, more people will read your email if it looks like the
start
of a new thread rather than the reply to an old one.

Regards, and welcome tho this list
Cedric

--
The only dumb question is the one omitted

De enige domme vraag is degene die niet gesteld wordt