(no subject)

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 12:28:07 PST 2004

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 05:05:18PM +0100, Michael Labuschke wrote:

> i just subscribed to this ML ;) and i hope i can help out a bit.

Help is always appreciated. :)

> I'm not sure whether i should submit patches to this list or patches ml ?

If it's security related, first post here for comment, then to patches
after any possible discussion. If it's not security related, send to
blfs-support for comment, then to patches (again after discussion). At
least, that's the way I do it. Some post straight to patches and that
seems to be ok, but I prefer to hear arguments/comments first. To avoid
over working the patches guys with redunancy.

> Proftpd  it does not say its version number in the welcome msg anymore.

Realize, though, that that isn't really a security patch, but I could
see how some think it would be. Post it here, just in case we decide to
use it.

> OpenSSH changed version to "SSH_3.2.3"

That's an old version.

> And i patched apache (to not use head -1 and tail -1) and to compile mysql
> and ssl support into the binary ( i don't like loadable stuff;)

That's purely a user preference. Post it to blfs-support.

Also, prior to posting a patch, please read
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/submit.html to ensure you are
properly formatting your patches.

Thanks. :)

--
Archaic

What, then, is law [government]? It is the collective organization of
the individual right to lawful defense."

- Frederic Bastiat, "The Law"