RFC: HLFS Mission Statement
Bill's LFS Login
lfsbill at nospam.dot
Fri Mar 5 06:47:24 PST 2004
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Archaic wrote:
Attached a few minor punctuation suggestions.
NOTE: I'm on a new ISP, if I'm in your address book ...
Fix line above & use it to mail me direct.
-------------- next part --------------
--- hlfs 2004-03-05 09:37:42.000000000 -0500
+++ hlfs.new 2004-03-05 09:44:03.000000000 -0500
@@ -45,7 +45,7 @@
- providing guidance to basic security policy that may be most
appropriate to given environments, configurations and applications;
- demonstrating procedures, processes and commands that implement the
- selected policy on a platform produced via the (B)LFS books;
+ selected policy on a platform produced via the (B)LFS books.
Exploit-ability of OS components will be reduced by:
- discussing common weaknesses of OS components;
@@ -58,7 +58,7 @@
- monitor (B)LFS list activity for advance notice of changes;
- minimize maintenance effort from (B)LFS book activity by carefully
selecting what to include directly and what to reference;
- - "release" as close as reasonable to a new (B)LFS book release;
+ - "release" as close as reasonable to a new (B)LFS book release.
To use the (B)LFS books as a foundation, the team will:
- incorporate certain parts of those books, when needed for clarity
@@ -66,7 +66,7 @@
- avoid unneeded repetition of (B)LFS book contents;
- make liberal use of references to those books, and other pertinent
resources, when such references are relevant to the topic at hand
- (but outside the scope of the book) and will enhance its value;
+ (but outside the scope of the book) and will enhance its value.
Due to the enormity of the subject matter, workload associated with
More information about the hlfs-dev