HLFS Successful build
vincent.blondel at chello.be
Sun Jun 20 14:46:23 PDT 2004
Hello lfs hardeners,
I updated my web site by adding the last snapshot of hlfs system.
Just a few remarks about some errors on the website :
- D'ont forget to add util-linux at the end of chapter 5
It is needed to perform the mount operations on
Chpater 6 "Mounting the proc and devpts file systems"
- broken link on the page Chapter 5 - Coreutils
switch directly to bzip2 instead of m4-bison-flex
( needed by binutils on chapter 6 )
- Don't forget to add these lines on page Chapter 5 - flex-2.5.4a
cat > /tools/bin/lex << EOF
exec /tools/bin/flex -l "$@"
These lines are needed by binutils in chapter 6.
- broken link on the page Chapter 6 - Zlib
next link doen't work so no way to go to mktemp-1.5
- broken link on the page Chapter 6 - Psmisc-21.4
next link switch directly to Linux-PAM-0.77 instead of cracklib-2.0.7
- missing some lines of code in Chapter 6 - LinuxPAM-0.77
configure script during the compilation of pam_unix-1.22 searches
for some /usr/include/security/pam*.h so these lines are missing :
cp -rf libpam/include/* /usr/include
cp -rf libpamc/include/* /usr/include
cp -rf libpam_misc/include/* /usr/include
- broken link on the page Chapter 6 - util-linux-2.12a
"next" link is broken instead of switching to section "stripping"
Have fun ...
Registered LFS user : 7485
homepage : http://jlang.dyndns.org/
More information about the hlfs-dev