FTP server?

J. Scott Edwards sedwards at xmission.com
Fri Jul 23 20:44:41 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Robert Connolly wrote:

> On July 21, 2004 11:16 am, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
>>> sedwards at marconi tmp $ more
>>> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ifloat.out
>
> I have a lot more test failures using gcc-3.3.4 compared to gcc-3.3.3 with
> both gcc and glibc's testsuites. I'm pretty sure I have had the book's
> packages build without test failures but I need to retry it because its been
> a while.
> --

Well, I've tried it now with glibc-2.3.2 and it won't even compile glibc
in Ch. 6.  In fact it won't compile anything, it complains that it can't
find Scrt.o.  I probably botched something trying to kludge in 2.3.2 in
place of glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1.

I am thinking now that I should go back to the original (non-hardened)
book and see if I can get that to build ok.  If it builds then I would
know that my system is at least working I guess.

-Scott