FTP server?

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Wed Jul 21 08:16:27 PDT 2004

* J. Scott Edwards <sedwards at xmission.com> [2004-07-21 15:05]:

> >>It's a 3 GHz Pentium 4.
> >>

> >You should have 0 errors. It could be your host somehow affecting your
> >build. Since this is Ch. 5, one option (since you have a spiffy cpu) is
> >to go on (skip the make check completely) and see if the story changes
> >in Ch. 6.
> >

> Actually, the failure is in Ch. 6, I didn't run the check in Ch. 5 (at
> least on the last several builds).

OK; I was confused because you reported the error from outside the
chroot (in a previous email):

> sedwards at marconi tmp $ more
> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/math/test-ifloat.out

I saw you were not in the chroot and assumed it was ch. 5.

> I've been thinking about this yesterday and it seems to me that since I'm
> just compliling with the default options, I should be getting a i386
> executable?  I can't see why that would fail on a P4 because it would just
> be running 386 opcodes and a P4 couldn't be giving different results could
> it?

It's not failing because of your P4 (unless it's defective). Something
went wrong somewhere in Ch. 5. My advice is to solve this before going
on: on a P4 the ch 6 make check should be spotless AFAIK.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/