FTP server?

J. Scott Edwards sedwards at xmission.com
Wed Jul 21 06:44:20 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:

> * J. Scott Edwards <sedwards at xmission.com> [2004-07-20 14:38]:
>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Miguel Bazdresch wrote:
>>
>>> * J. Scott Edwards <sedwards at xmission.com> [2004-07-20 09:00]:
>>
>> It's a 3 GHz Pentium 4.
>>

> You should have 0 errors. It could be your host somehow affecting your
> build. Since this is Ch. 5, one option (since you have a spiffy cpu) is
> to go on (skip the make check completely) and see if the story changes
> in Ch. 6.

Actually, the failure is in Ch. 6, I didn't run the check in Ch. 5 (at
least on the last several builds).

I've been thinking about this yesterday and it seems to me that since I'm
just compliling with the default options, I should be getting a i386
executable?  I can't see why that would fail on a P4 because it would just
be running 386 opcodes and a P4 couldn't be giving different results could
it?

Thanks
   -Scott