FTP server?

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Jul 20 04:01:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Archaic wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 09:35:46PM -0600, J. Scott Edwards wrote:
> >
> > It says there were 9 errors (but I only see eight in the file).  I don't
> > know where to go from here.  I could swear I have followed the hlfs book
> > exactly.
>
> This may be heresy, but have you tried the official glibc-2.3.2? I'm not
> overly fond of the glibc used as I tends to barf even on a standard LFS
> build.
>
> Robert will have to comment on if 2.3.2 is even compatable with the
> patches, though. Either that, or just try it yourself and let us know.

 Ooh, heresy by word, and encouraging heresy by deed.  Cardinal, fetch
the comfy chair!

 I'm not up to speed on hlfs these days - is this the 2.3.3 glibc ?
What sort of errors / which platform ?  I've got problems with it
myself (i586, ppc) but tracking them down is a different matter.
(if it isn't 2.3.3, sorry for the noise)

Ken