coreutils

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 27 15:01:34 PST 2004

On January 27, 2004 03:22 pm, Robert Connolly wrote:
> I'm sure bfbtester has some false positives, but coreutils date gives:
> *** Crash </sources/lfs-packages/coreutils-5.0/src/date> ***
> args:           [51200]
> envs:
> Signal:         11 ( Segmentation fault )
> Core?           No
>
> I tried gdb date, and run `perl -e ' print "A"x51200'` but it doesn't
> segfault. If bfbtester can do it there must be a way to do it by hand no?
> Or can I build date so it will coredump?

Looks like ulimit -c ulimited gives coredumps.

/sources/lfs-packages/coreutils-5.0/src

$ gdb date core
Core was generated by `/sources/lfs-packages/coreutils-5.0/src/date
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'.

But...

$ ./date AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
./date: invalid date `AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'