Calling all volunteers!

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 16:26:45 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 04:20:49PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> Not everything will be this easy. This bug doesn't go out of bounds or do
> anything very dangerous, as far as I can tell. The method in propolice.txt
> testing should be used along with this depending on the program and the bug.
> Other methods are welcome.

Nice work, Robert! This should help tremendously in finding weak code
(security-wise) and may even help in providing upstream with the
occasional non-security fixes as well.

So can some people who have some free time and some extra cpu cycles
volunteer to audit some code? Even if you don't really know what you are
doing, posting snippets of output will allow others to interpret and
possibly fix the code.

--
Archaic

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only
prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of
freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to
consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

- John F. Kennedy