coreutils su

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 16:19:35 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 07:06:20PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> The selinux stuff doesn't belong in chapter 5 unless its being built from an
> selinux system. Adding m4, bison and flex shouldn't destabilize /tools. But
> et_dyn is going to touch chap5, aswell as stuff we haven't found yet (point
> guard). I don't think there is a way to avoid adding to chap5.

Do you mean adding as tacking packages on to chap5 or as modifying
chap5? Will it really matter if we double build glibc in chap5 or chap6?
If not, I say leave it for the sake of keeping the LFS chap5 intact
(though likely to be adding packages to it later).

Perhaps I need a tentative rundown on what must happen to the toolchain
to add et_dyn, including any double building, if necessary. I hate to
see us having to start all over from scratch, but if that's the only
logical way, we can still insist that the build is only tested on
vanilla LFS-<whatever version>. Though if we can just modify, that would
IMO be rather useful.

--
Archaic

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood.  The
person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to
the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that
person's liberty.  Are you free?

- Andrew Ford