selinux headache

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 20 11:38:16 PST 2004

On January 20, 2004 01:31 pm, Archaic wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 05:21:37PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > I've put this tarball together, it appears to build, might even work, but
> > there's a few things to fix still. Follow build instructions on:
> > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/index.php?pagename=HLFS
>
> We should be able to succesfully ignore any chapter 5 procedures (unless
> HJL is used) as clean tools will already be present. Does SELinux
> require M4, flex, or bison or anything else not established in an LFS
> chapter 5 build?

HJL is only needed for et_dyn. Attr/Acl needs libtool. The coreutils acl patch
adds a dependency for bison and bison needs m4. Probably flex too. Skipping
chap5 brings up the problem with how the propolice patches relate, glibc
needs to be built twice. The glibc patch sets up glibc to keep the guard in
libc.so. After its installed, and gcc is installed against it, then gcc will
build the rest using propolice in libc. By skipping chapter 5, glibc,
binutils, and gcc wouldn't have any gaurds in them.