coreutils su

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 10:26:58 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:53:05PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> I think its important to look for ways of preventing any overwritting or
> moving of objects after they're installed. Its easier to allow it to build,
> and just prevent it from installing, than it is to keep it from building at
> all.

I agree with you in general, but how does that work with the assumption
of a complete LFS? Or should we shift our assumption to a completed
chapter 5 LFS only? I'll ask Ryan and Greg about their thoughts on the
stability of chapter5 for building this target.

--
Archaic

"Are we to understand," asked the judge, "that you hold your own
interests above the interests of the public?" "I hold that such a
question can never arise except in a society of cannibals."

- Ayn Rand