RSBAC Grsec Selinux ProPolice and Pax

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 17:24:14 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 12:16:14AM +1100, Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au wrote:

> Idea is to also keep binaries/configuration data on physically
> separate partitions to user data.
> Keeps backups nice and simple too.

Absolutely.

> Ideally you'd have a separate data partition for each daemon but sometimes
> however you just run out of spare partitions ;-).

Yeah, but some data will also be shared as a matter of habit, too. I.E.
ftp/httpd generally share the same data area. Not that I'm advocating
that, though! ;) I also prefer to keep databases not just on a separate
partition, but a separate computer. Yes, I'm paranoid. ;)

--
Archaic

Morality is always the product of terror; its chains and
strait-waistcoats are fashioned by those who dare not trust others,
because they dare not trust themselves, to walk in liberty.

- Aldous Huxley