RSBAC Grsec Selinux ProPolice and Pax

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Jan 19 01:20:31 PST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:24:28 +0100
Cedric <cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net> wrote:

> >On my linux boxes they're all under /opt... /opt is usually read-only
> >and any areas requiring read+write are mounted in (either their own
> >partition or just bind mounted).

sorry to piggyback, but I missed to original post.

Last time I looked, bind mounting didnt allow you to mount one part of the filesystem rw somewhere, and the same part ro elsewhere. Something to do with sharing superblocks.

I may be wrong or it might have changed.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.