Book design

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sun Jan 18 11:07:21 PST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 02:02:58PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> The LFS books only have 2 depths. I'm trying to think of how hlfs could be
> written, so if someone doesn't want to use some aspect, they dont have to
> read about it. What kind of document formats would accept user input to
> create a book after reading threw introductions? Like checkbox's for Pam, or
> ProPolice, or OpenSSL, a submit button, and a new depth with relevent steps.
> I can picture it in html. In a real book it would work with color coded
> highlighting.

That can all be done with xml and stylesheets. I attempted to write the
HLFS book in the new xml structure (to avoid conversion later), but it's
still too volatile. Book structure can be determined later as the xml
rewrite finishes. This will allow for different profiles for use with
rendering or nALFS.

--
Archaic

All governments are more or less combinations against the people. . .and
as rulers have no more virtue than the ruled. . .  the power of
government can only be kept within its constituted bounds by the display
of a power equal to itself, the collected sentiment of the people.

- Benjamin Franklin Bache, in a Phildelphia Aurora editorial 1794