patch-2.5.4 mktemp fix

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 19:50:47 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 01:49:51AM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:

> http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/gnu/alpha/gnu/patch/patch-2.5.9.tar.gz

Call me paranoid, but I don't trust a mirror having a package that the
main server doesn't have. There is no alpha.gnu.org/gnu/patch directory,
so there is nothing, in my mind, that says this is a gnu package. This
also leads to another big gripe with me... gpg signatures for packages.

--
Archaic

[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of resistance?
Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to
time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787