selinux headache

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Jan 17 19:36:54 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:04:50PM -0500, Robert Connolly wrote:
> If any of you are good at porting patches I could really use some help with
> selinux coreutils and shadow. Selinux's coreutils is based on redhat, and
> depends on basicly all of redhat's patches. Shadow has a similiar problem.
> Redhat's coreutils depends on ncurses/termcap to satisfy Pam, but since we
> dont use coreutils's su, we dont need pam support. Anyway, I want to suck the
> pam and termap deps out of:

Not to be a smart-alec, but that rather defeats the supposed added value
of redhat helping to develop SELinux. I think GRSec is where I will try
as I have time. However, I am extremely busy lately, so my contribution
will be slow.

--
Archaic

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
when the government's purposes are beneficient...The greatest dangers to
liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but
without understanding."

- Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis