selinux headache

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 16 19:04:50 PST 2004

If any of you are good at porting patches I could really use some help with
selinux coreutils and shadow. Selinux's coreutils is based on redhat, and
depends on basicly all of redhat's patches. Shadow has a similiar problem.
Redhat's coreutils depends on ncurses/termcap to satisfy Pam, but since we
dont use coreutils's su, we dont need pam support. Anyway, I want to suck the
pam and termap deps out of:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/
coreutils-5.0-35.src.rpm
or
http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/SRPMS/coreutils-5.0-32.sel.src.rpm

And if you use the selinux patch in this srpm, aclocal, autoconf, automake, it
will break BLFS's shadow Pam patch, and will also not build with --libpam.

http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/SRPMS/shadow-utils-4.0.3-13.sel.src.rpm

Also break the need for autoconf. I've been screwing with these patches a few
days but an extra pair of eyes and hands would help a lot. None of these
problems are very difficult, just time consuming.