selinux headache

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 13 01:33:57 PST 2004

Figuring out the dependency order for selinux is becomming a nightmare. The
patched coreutils seems to depend on aclocal and automake, for now.
PolicyCoreutils depends on pam, checkpolicy depends on policycoreutils. But
pam needs an selinux patch too. I think libselinux should get installed right
after gcc chap6, then cracklib, pam, followed by shadow. Then coreutils
doesn't need su to run make check as dummy. From the nsa's site, the
coreutils source rpm has a few patches, these seem to work but could get
trimmed later.

patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-4.5.2-C.patch
patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-4.5.2-dumbterm.patch
patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-4.5.2-pam.patch
patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-4.5.3-aclcompile.patch
patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-4.5.3-acl.patch
patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-4.5.3-hname.patch
patch -Np1 -i ../coreutils-selinux.patch

Another problem is the selinux packages have /usr/bin hardcoded, so either
patch them to use /tools, or install them and coreutils/findutils, later. But
I dont know how installing coreutils and findutils late would affect the rest
of the build. I hope someone can try this out. M4, bison and flex need to be
installed in chap5 for libselinux, policycoreutils, etc.