hgcc propolice

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 11 17:36:45 PST 2004

Fixed (sorta) problem with glibc and kernel. Added filter extensions for
kernel and nostdlib to stop smash symbols from mangling the kernel and libs.
Unfortunetly it doesn't fix the problem with binutils-2.14. Don't use this
script if gcc-2 is your default compiler. CC="/opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc
-fstack-protector", or /usr/bin/gcc, is still the way to build a propolice
kernel.

Bumped to v0.3

ftp://twocents.mooo.com/pub/hcc/hgcc.sh

This will use -fstack-protector by default unless -D__KERNEL__ is used, and it
will add -fstack-protector-all unless -nostartfiles, -nodefaultlibs,
-nostdlib, or -nostdinc are used. I also removed -fforce-addr. The kernel
doesn't like having -fstack-protector given in specs, thats why D__KERNEL__
was added as a rejection flag, and why it has to be added by hand to $CC. I
noticed some propolice kernel patch have an option to add -fstack-protector
to the kernel CFLAGS so nothing special needs to be added to $CC, I need to
look into that.

And the 2.6.1 propolice patch if any of you want it. I haven't added it to the
patch tarball yet.

ftp://twocents.mooo.com/pub/new/linux-2.6.1-protector-1.patch