Roadmap

Robert Connolly cendres at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 9 09:55:50 PST 2004

In an effort to narrow down the project goals, I think it would be right to
begin by focusing on the local enviroment, and completely ignore inetutils,
net-tools, sysklogd, and networking for now. RSBAC was talked about a bit
before, does anyone have strong opinions about RSBAC vs Selinux? The two
major problems with Selinux that I'm aware of is the role based access
control is under patent by a private US company, and Selinux is based on
obsolete 20 year old standards. RSBAC is more free, and more modern in
design. It might take some testing to get it to work on first boot, but it
comes with added security for user lfs/installer_role, among others. This
might be the best way to start off hlfs, by fixing the foundation.