hlfs team

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Thu Jan 8 17:23:51 PST 2004

> Sound like enough for a v0.1

Probably more blfs enhancements than a true base-hlfs but we could
also possibly squeeze in chrooting most all services for v0.1 .

Archaic and I were working on some stuff a while back mainly for a
chrooted proftpd build where users are also chrooted into their
(inside chroot) home directory (see the buggers break out of two
chroots :-) ), but methods could be reused for
pretty much everything.

For those that don't like adding users to the system that, say,
only require ftp access we've got proftpd authenticating against
a passwd/shadow file inside the chroot
(handled by a modified shadow utils built against busyboxes libpwd.a).

This could come in handy for other services too...

Just some thoughts...

[R]