Static bins

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jan 7 16:27:01 PST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:13:09 -0500
Zack Winkles <winkie at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > you can 'fold' a lot of the elf headers, making binaries about 20 odd
> > bytes, IIRC.
>
> "There is no getting around the fact that the 45th byte in the file,
> which specifies the number of entries in the program head table, needs
> to be non-zero, needs to be present, and needs to be in the 45th
> position from the start of the ELF header."

Thats the doc I was thinking of. slightly misremembered it though.

I wonder if you could actually get your code inside the first 45 bytes though, without violating the standard and still being executable... (maybe you can and I forgot - I havent re-read the document.

how about a.out? can it do better ?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.