Static bins

ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Wed Jan 7 10:26:20 PST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 01:08:09PM -0500, Robert Connolly (cendres at videotron.ca) wrote:
> That one setting seems to be the only thing keeping sanity. If there was a
> bug
> in that setting, a staticly linked /bin/false would prevent further
> compromise.

I don't use suspenders.  Nor a belt.  I have found through experience and
testing that if I wear a pair of pants that fit me they do not fall down.
I understand that some folks use both as personal preference.  It does
not mean that their pants are more secure against falling down then mine.

In other words, I think you are chasing a ghost.  Either sshd is config'd
properly or it is not.  The correct solution is to ensure that it is.
--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer, Elegant Innovations