Security criteria

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net
Mon Jan 5 19:50:51 PST 2004

Robert Day wrote:

> Another interesting idea is to look at such concepts as smart card
>
>authentication. Cards like the Bell QuickChange cards, the Sattelite
>dish cards, etc. all can store authentication information.  I know it's
>a hardware thing, but might be worth at lest a mention ;)

I personally would be glad to see HLFS as a system/distro/$whatever
running out-of-the-box on a normal computer without needing some
 special hardware such as cf-cards etc.

Additional hardware-tricks and security enhancements like these cf-cards
for authentifications should be realised as hlfs-hints imho.

Regards,
Daniel

E-mail:         daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net