Security criteria

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Jan 5 14:18:32 PST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Tobias Lang wrote:

> Whats about using crypted filesystems, like loop-aes?
> Hardening a system should not only focus on hardening
> remote and local "hacks" but also in a worst-case scenario
> with full physical access to the server.
> A hardend system should IMO also be resistant to somebody
> how can plug the harddisks in his own computer!

 Reminds me of something Archaic posted before we got the separate list
- for each item, show the advantages and the disadvantages.  For most of
us, I suspect that once somebody has removed the kit it's game over.  I
hope your secured backups are encrypted ;)

Ken
--
Kryten: This is a job for Riviera Kid!