Security criteria

Tobias Lang phobia at gmx.at
Mon Jan 5 11:26:54 PST 2004

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:15:44 -0500
Robert Connolly <cendres at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Logins obviously need to be secure. Password authentication seems to be the
> standard, but not as good as dna and/or retinal scans. This would mean
> running cracklib or some other password checker on new passwords, and
> rejecting short or easy ones. Word lists should be in more languages than
> english, what are the second and third most common languages?; chinese and
> french I think.

I would split this up for regions. I don't think there a much chinese passphrases
in the "western" world (despite Universities) I would prefer English, Spanish,
Frensh als a standart base plus optional Dictionaries depending on where you are from!

Best Regards, Tobi

Registered LFS User #7599  --- http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

Cultivate your addiction: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Coffee.html