roadmap

ashes cendres at videotron.ca
Sun Jan 4 18:07:09 PST 2004

Mission Statement

Hardened Linux From Scratch is a text book that teaches Linux system security
by implementing it in a flexable way on an already existing Linux system.
This is done in a way that will create a new independent hardended Linux
system.

Roadmap

Define threat assessment.
Decide on a default system security policy.
Decide on a default user policy for root, regular users, chroot users, with
and without X11, with and without network access. This assumes enforcement.
Define user requirements.
Decide on a default system accounting policy. (Process, filesystem, and memory
access)
Decide on a default intrusion detection and reaction policy.
Decide on a default software auditing policy. (Minimum security requirements)

Provide detailed analysis of all of the above.
----

We can start with the first one. Who are we protecting ourselves against, and
what do they want?