propolice

ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Sat Jan 3 20:34:34 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:54:44AM -0500, Archaic (archaic at indy.rr.com) wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 10:35:16AM -0500, Robert Day wrote:
> > audience will have some sort of high-speed, always-on
> > connection.
>
> I wouldn't be so presumptuous. What basis of proof do you have for that
> statement?

This is silly contrariness.  Ten years ago a 14.4K connection was the shit.
Twenty years ago modems were measured in sub-k baud rates.  Connection
speeds will get faster.  Outside the U.S. they are getting faster quicker
then they are here.  This latency is due to non-technical reasons.

> We
> shouldn't be gung-ho to change packages just because of personal
> preference.

Agreed.  This is not a fashion show.  Package choice should be the result
of testing and experience.

off-topic:
> I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution
> which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending, on objects of
> benevolence, the money of their constituents.
>
> - James Madison, 1794

I like many of the quotes that show up in your sig.

--
ken