libc

ashes cendres at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 3 10:14:10 PST 2004

Is there any reasons uclibc would be considered more secure then glibc? What
sort of applications would not be able to build with uclibc? I'm pretty sure
X will, if not then TinyX. Should at least be considered. uclibc and busybox
is less code, should be less prone to bugs too.

I'm trying to to think of what's best for the community, and what's best for
the project. Not so much what people want. That doesn't sound like good
marketing, but being a free project, what are we selling? The world already
has enough marketing, a bit more isn't going to impress anyone.

I should hope hlfs will be more then a collection of patches that would have
fit in a few hints. This project began by us agreeing this would never be
able to fit in a hint. The goals are going to have to be compeditive with
other security projects (hardened gentoo, immunix, openbsd) or no one will
use it. I also think the first book release should have at least one serious
feature that no one else has. Either a unique base system design, or even
just the educational value, but something more then a bunch of commands to
paste and outside links.