propolice

Archaic archaic at indy.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 07:17:09 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:21:07AM -0500, ashes wrote:

> Glibc has to be patched first, followed by gcc, but the first glibc won't be
> guarded.

Here's a scenario, then, assuming a fully built LFS is already in place
and we have rebooted into it; Start chapter 6 like normal, patching
glibc. Skip the toolchain adjusting as we already did that, build
binutils, build patched gcc (bootstrap if necessary). At this point my
concern is that should glibc be built again now that gcc has been
patched? If we do rebuild glibc, I think it's a given that binutils and
gcc need rebuilt, but iteration testing may be in order.

--
Archaic

The IRS has become morally corrupted by the enormous power which we in
Congress have unwisely entrusted to it. Too often it acts like a Gestapo
preying upon defenseless citizens.

- Senator Edward V. Long